“There is an elephant in the room that everyone knows about…
but no one is talking about.”
– Sue Annis Hammond, Andrea B. Mayfield
Are there unnamed elephants on the loose in your organization? You know, those elephants that are sometimes called the 800 pound gorilla in the corner that no one acknowledges! Perhaps you have had an elephant encounter in a meeting— a time when an unnamed “elephant” soaked up vital energy, creativity, and results as everyone took their cues from the three monkeys (see nothing, hear nothing, say nothing!). Learning to effectively “name elephants” is one of the most vital skills for teams. Doing so may create breakthroughs in creativity, transparent decision-making and execution.
Any team that seeks to foster open dialogue in constructive and productive ways
In this Workshop You will Learn How to
- Understand how hidden assumptions influence “group think;”
- Learn how to surface assumptions–your own and others’;
- Create vigorous dialogue around unspoken assumptions;
- Explore and learn how to confidently and competently name elephants.
2-4 hours (with the option of follow-up monthly individual or team coaching calls to optimize learning, integration, and results)